As you know by now I’m away for my holiday and I was talking to my sister about some of the things I was packing and I was struck by how most people don’t have to think about half that I have to think to pack. So I thought I would put a few of the things I have to think about and pack for your entertainment. If you can relate please leave a comment down below on what you have to pack as a spoonie.
- You have to take a miniature pharmacy away with you. Not just your everyday medications but the just in case medications. From colds to skin irritations you probably have it covered so that at 3 am in a foreign country you don’t have to wait for a pharmacy to open. A full first aid kit is nearly an overkill but it might not be depending on how clumsy you are.
- If you have temperature irregularities it presents quite the packing challenge. You could be in 20-degree heat and have a coat on or it could be 10 degrees and you’re wearing shorts and a T-shirt. I tend to pack a little of everything and hope for the best.
- You go away for a new view but you kind of want everything to be the same environment like home. So you might need an eye mask to make it dark enough to sleep, you might need to take ice packs or your pillows to be as comfy as possible. It all takes up luggage space so you might not be able to pack those extra shoes.
- Food. I don’t tend to travel without food. I like to know what I’m eating especially when at the airport so I tend to bring my own so I don’t have to decide when I’m hungry. But also I always take a few snacks to incase I get stuck in bed for a few days. Whilst lovely family bring me food it is easier to have things in the room than have to call them to find snacks for you. I imagine if you have food allergies and intolerances this is far more important.
- If you are chronically ill sometimes you go on holiday to be in a different room, hopefully with a view. There aren’t too many touristy things you can do and energy is the same as when you aren’t on holiday. You might do different things but you won’t be able to explore as you might like. You never really know how well you will be once you get there.
So there are the things I have to think about that most people wouldn’t when planning and preparing for a holiday. I would love to explore further and do far more so I make the most of what I can do. I know it’s a blessing to be able to travel with the support of family. Leave me a comment saying what you have to think of when you travel I’d love to hear from you.