I was wracking my brain for this blog post and then I realised that I have never shared my low energy Christmas activities I do each year. I sometimes need to slow down for the day and I don’t want to miss out on the fun that Christmas brings so here are 5 of my favourite low energy activities that make me feel all festive. Most of these can be inclusive of people around you which makes it far more fun.
- Hot chocolate and a Christmas movie. Netflix has quite a few originals and some classic Christmas films on there but if you want more ideas, have a nosy of an older blog post: my top 15 Christmas Movies. Get comfy and cosy find the popcorn and just sit with the Christmas Tree on and watch a film.
- Read a festive book or buy the audio version. You can go for a classic like A Christmas Carol or a more modern one to your taste. It’s nice to relax with a book in front of the Netflix Fire on the TV and just be quiet.
- Snuggle in a festive bed. I love flannel duvet covers and I have a few with polar bears on them penguins snowflakes and a plaid set that’s somewhere around here. It might be high energy for the person to change your bed but get your festive jammies out and make your room a Christmas place too. You can get a mini tree to go somewhere in your room.
- Sample all the festive food you wish to eat. Be that pigs in blankets or every festive edition of chocolate, do what makes you happy! This can be a weekly or daily event from mid-November for future notice.
- Baloo bought us a Christmas Puzzle for us to do which should be a low energy activity we can do together. Colouring books might be easier to do from bed to make you feel connected with the outside world.
I hope these ideas might help you feel more part of this Christmastime. I know it can be a stressful overwhelming time of year so remind yourself to rest and put some calm classic Christmas music on and just have time to yourself. Leave a comment below and tell me of low energy activities you will be doing this year.